Monday, March 26, 2007

Idle Race - Birthday Party (1968)


This is the debut album from another really great British psych-pop band from the 60s. Members from this band would eventually go on to form Electric Light Orchestra, the Move, and some other bands I know nothing about. I was just recently turned onto this album and can't get enough. Most of it is a pretty lo-fi recording but it still has really interesting arrangments, vocal harmonies, textures, speaker pans, etc. Also, it probably has one of the funniest album covers I've ever seen in my entire life.

Stand-Out Tracks:
"The Skeleton & The Roundabout"
"I Like My Toys"
"Follow Me Follow"
"On With The Show"

"On With The Show"


Download The Birthday Party

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! IBx

Anonymous said...

There's a bootleg of this album. Look here:
http://www.elodiscovery.com/bootlegslist1.html

birthday party supplies said...

When party planning, you want to have a healthy mix of people that will be able to enjoy each others company without starting drama. Therefore think your guest list out thoroughly.

Anonymous said...

any chance for a reupload?

Ashley said...

finish reading this blog gave me the task of lowering this doctor, I had never heard of them but if if through a mention, thanks for sharing your opinion with others.